Crab Rangoon Dip with Baked Wonton Chips

I have more party food for you today, Crab Rangoon Dip with Baked Wonton Chips.  I like the idea of turning Crab Rangoon into a dip.  I had to give this recipe a try!    

Recipe Link
Ingredients 
8 oz. imitation crab, finely chopped
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 package (12 oz.) wonton wrappers
Directions
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. I made the wonton chips first. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Cut wonton wrappers in half diagonally and lay in a single layer on top of baking sheet. Spray tops of wonton wrappers with more cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. 
2. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.Watch closely as they can go from golden to dark brown very quickly!
3. Combine all the dip ingredients and mix well. Spoon into a 1 quart baking dish or small pie plate. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Serves about 12

Adapted from Lemony Thyme


I started by making the wonton chips. If I had double ovens, I would make the dip first and then make the chips in the second oven while the dip is baking.
Spray the baking pan, add the wonton wrappers, spray again, lightly salt and bake. So easy!
My favorite part of this recipe was the baked wonton chips. You can't eat just one!
The original recipe chops the imitation crab in the food processor. Since my food processor is still packed away, I just chopped it finely by hand.
All the dip ingredients are mixed together. I baked my dip in an aluminum pie plate.
Hot, bubbly and ready to eat!
The Results...
Everyone really liked the baked wonton chips! They were kind of addicting.

The dip wasn't bad.  We decided on 3 (out of 5) stars.  I don't know if I will make the Crab Rangoon Dip again, but I will definitely make more baked wonton chips---crispy, crunchy and lightly salted yumminess!

I share recipes at these link parties.

Comments